The Carter G. Woodson School is committed to building a positive partnership built upon trusting relationships between our teachers, staff and the parents and guardians of our students.
We encourage parents/guardians of our students to be active participants in their child’s learning experience. We offer instructional workshops and volunteer opportunities that engage, inspire and empower parents to help meet the academic, social and emotional needs of our students.
- Parent Life Coach (PLC) Program, an interactive, one-on-one on-site counseling and informational sessions
- It Takes a Village (ITV) Parent-Teacher-Student Organization
- Kitchen Table Discussion Talk Time (4x/year meeting to gauge parent response and recommendations on school improvement.
- Serve as a CGWS Ambassador
- Mentor a parent and help a child
- Increase literacy by becoming a reading or math volunteer
- Meet and greet visitors as a volunteer school guide
- Inspire K-2 graders by helping them improve their reading and writing skills
- Put your knowledge of the Internet to the test as a technology volunteer
For more information on how you can get involved in our School to see that our children are successful, please check with our Main Office front desk.