Student conduct on the school bus is expected to be the same as student conduct in the school and classroom. While riding a school bus or other school vehicle, the student shall observe the directives of the school bus driver.
The following conduct may result in temporary or long-term suspension from school transportation services and/or from school:
- Delayed the bus schedule
- Refusing to obey the driver’s instructions
- Tampering with or willfully damaging the school vehicle
- Getting off at an undesignated stop
- Distracting the driver’s attention by participating in disruptive behavior while the vehicle is in operation
- Failing to observe established safety rule and regulations
- Willfully trespassing upon a school bus
- Violating any other rule of the Student Code of Conduct policy while on the school bus or other school vehicle
After a student’s first offense, our staff will immediately begin to work with the student and parent/guardian to improve the student’s behavior and social etiquette on riding the bus.
Note: Any time a suspension from the bus is given, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide transportation to and from school. Any absence as a result of a suspension will be considered an absence.
For complete information on all school policies, see the Carter G. Woodson Parent & Student Handbook.
Legal Reference: North Carolina General Statutes 115c-390, 391 (a), adopted 9/9/86, revised 8/11/87, revised 9/11/91