We transitioned to a Hybrid Model January 25, 2021. For the 2023-2024 school year, We will have an in-person-only model. CGW has always offered online classes to high school even prior to the pandemic, therefore high school students will have the option to continue to take online classes. There will not be a total virtual option for students.
COVID-19 is still a threat. CGW will invest in a new air-filtration system for the entire school. We will continue to have a nurse on campus. Daily deep cleaning will happen during the day. Right now, the mask mandate is in place. Students and staff will be required to wear masks. We are preparing to have students eat socially distanced in the cafeteria but if it is not possible students will eat in the classrooms. We depend on each other! Let’s work together to keep everyone healthy and safe!
Open House Event
August 24th, 2023
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
I hope you all have had an enjoyable summer and are anxious to get back to school. We anticipate having a year filled with opportunities and successful experiences. Our goal is to engage each and every student and challenge them to exceed their own expectations.
With this being the start of a new school year, I will meet with all parents in the gym at 4:00 pm. Preceeding this information session, you will be allowed to visit your child’s classroom and pickup information packets.
° Welcome & Goals — Ms. Terri Gullick, Executive Director & Dr. Cassandra Gregory, Assistant Director
° Expectations & Handbook Policies
° Introduction of Teachers — Ms. Terri Gullick
° PowerSchool — Mr. Malcolm Mack-Little
° Guidance Counselor — Mr. Jermall Barringer
° School Nurse — Ms. Chance & Mrs. Yvlverton-White
° Child Nutrition — Ms. Meshone Todd
° Special Education — Ms. Karen Maddix & Ms. Deva Waugh
° Media Technology: Mrs. Beleita Mack
° Instructional Coach — Ms. Celene Kenwood Mais
° Parent Team — Mrs. Delisa Stroman
° Athletics — Mr. Ronald Gills
We look forward to seeing you on August 24th at 4:00 pm in the gym for Open House. Continue to have a safe and healthy summer and enjoy that summer reading.
2021 - 2022 School Year In-Person Learning Model
We are sending this communication to announce that Carter G. Woodson School plans to operate an in-person model for the 2021-2022 school year.
• CGW will return to a full five-day, in-person model starting the first day of the new school year. The in-person model will be implemented in accordance with NCDHHS and CDC recommendations for schools.
• CGW will have in-person learning for five days a week.
• Students will expect to change classes
• The school day will be 8:00 -2:30 pm.
• Students will be required to be in full uniform.
• There will be a school therapist for students and staff
• CGW will have a school social worker to work with families and students
• There will be an after-school program for students for more academic support
• K-12 students will have access to devices at school but students will not take devices year. We look forward to sharing more information as we continue in the planning process
• We are looking to build a new elementary school building to have more space for social distancing.